Visiting School Buildings
Barrington 220 is excited to welcome back small groups of students and parents to our school buildings at the start of the 2020-21 school year. In order to make sure everyone stays safe, the district has worked to put many protocols in place. Things will look very different from previous years, so please take some time to review these protocols before visiting our schools.
- All visitors, students and staff must wear a face mask at all times in the buildings.
- Upon entering the vestibule, visitors must first complete a COVID-19 symptom screening, which will include a temperature check, prior to being permitted into the main office area.
- Upon entering, please take a moment to sanitize your hands at the available kiosks.
- Visitors will remain in the main office or other designated area, until a staff member greets them or they are escorted to their meeting location inside the building.
- Visitors, students and staff must follow social distancing and traffic flow patterns that have been designated on the floor of the school building.
- Social distancing (6 feet or more) must be adhered to when in the building.
- Visitors must exit the building at the conclusion of their meeting.
Item Drop-Off Protocols
- Rather than parents or visitors entering the school to drop off items, such as a forgotten iPad or a lunch, all schools will now have a designated table in the vestibule to drop off these items.
- Please label the item being dropped off with the full name and grade level of the student.
- Main office staff will retrieve these items and distribute them to the students.