Welcome to the Grove Avenue PTO
Welcome to 2017-2018!Posted by Grove Ave PTO President at 8/18/2017 6:00:00 AM
Dear Friends of Grove Avenue School:
Welcome to our best year yet! We look forward to seeing new faces -- we are a welcoming community that appreciates your support. We also appreciate the familiar faces returning. You are the engine behind everything we are able to do for our kids and staff.
To stay up to date, please join our Facebook page (/groups/GroveAvePTO) or Twitter feed (@groveavepto) and consider attending our monthly meetings. Our meetings are generally held on the third Tuesday of the month at 9:15 a.m. in the multipurpose room at Grove. The meetings are an important way to hear directly from the PTO, principal and teacher reps. All of us are available to answer any questions, and it's a wonderful way to meet other parents engaged in the Grove community.
We depend on your time and talents. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the school year and range in commitment levels. Please fill out the form included or contact us.
To expand our commitment to Grove’s students and staff, we have added a few new items this year:
- Back To School Coffee for staff
- Trunk-or-Treating free event for families
- A book for each child
- Scholarships for those in need in our Grove family
Thank you for your support in making Grove a place of excellence.
Grove Avenue School PTO President
Some of the items we fund:-Family Reading Program
- Teacher allocations ($4,750 for classroom supplies with additional scholastic dollars)
- Blue Ribbon signage celebrating our THREE awards
- Timberlee enrichment activities
- Busses for the 3rd, 4th & 5th graders to go to Feed My Starving Children
- MLK assembly
- $5,000 toward programming at Grove- Meals for staff during both sets of conferences
- $1,000 toward student scholarships
- 5th Grade Farewell
- Back to School popsicles for students & coffee/treats for staff
- *New* Field Day
- Daybooks and magazine subscriptions for student use
- Supplemental funding to classroom parties
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Buildings and grounds flower and plants/supplemental cleanup to district’s efforts