- BHS Boys Lacrosse Club - Registration night for the Spring , 2013 BHS Boys Lacrosse Club will be Tonight, February 4th, from 6:30-8:00pm, in the cafeteria. All boys, at all levels, interested in playing Barrington High School Lacrosse this spring must attend with a parent. Registration paperwork can be found on the website at www.barringtonhighschoollacrosse.org.
- SENIORS: The Local Scholarship Packet is available in the GRC. You may apply for all local scholarships for which you are qualified BUT you may receive only one. If you are selected for more than one scholarship you will be awarded the scholarship which gives the highest amount. Do not wait until the last minute! Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. No excuses! Completed applications must be returned to Mrs. Crowther in the GRC on or before Friday, March 1, 2013, by 3:00p.m.
- Attention Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors: the Rotary Youth Leadership Award application is now available in the GRC. The Award is a Rotary-sponsored program for students of high school age who have displayed leadership skills or potential, as shown by their active participation in groups or services. Participants will be involved in a three-day program held at Edwards Camp & Conference Center in East Troy, WI, which will include speakers from around the U.S., hands-on activities, team leadership activities and interaction with other student leaders. Every participant (more than 1,700 in the last ten years) has rated the camp very high in terms of the experience. The average score over the last five years is 9.6 out of 10, based on educational content and fun. If you are interested in applying, please see Mrs. Bauer in the Guidance Resource Center.
- ATTENTION FRESHMEN: Counselors will be visiting Freshman Advisories Today, Feb. 4th or Tomorrow, Feb. 5th. Freshmen, you must bring your completed Pre-registration Worksheet and your Summer Course requests if you want to take a summer class. Counselors will be collecting these forms.
- ATTENTION JUNIORS: Juniors' pre-registration appointments with counselors begin on Feb. 6th. Juniors must check the schedule on the wall outside of Guidance for your specific date and time to meet with your counselor. Juniors should be prepared to plan course selections for your senior year during that meeting. If you plan on taking a summer class, you also must bring the Summer Course Requests form to your counselor.
- STUDENT MENTOR APPLICATIONS: Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply to serve as a Student Mentor for the 2013-14 school year. Mentors work with freshmen in Advisory and may earn .25 credit per semester as a Mentor. Applications are available in the Guidance Office and must be returned to Mrs. Bell in Guidance by March 13th. Juniors who are currently Mentors and wish to continue next year in the program must also complete an application.
- Model UN will meet Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 immediately after school in room E250. This is our last meeting before our trip to MUNUC. Be there!
- There will be an Anglers Club meeting on Wednesday, February 6th, in Mr. Galovich's E257 to discuss 2nd semester events.
- If you are interested in attending a field trip to the United States Hispanic Leadership Institute's annual College & Career Fair on Thursday, February 14, please sign up in the Guidance office by the end of the week. Permission slips will be available for pick up on Monday and due on Friday, February 8th. Space is limited!
- UPCOMING CAREER TREKS - Health Care Careers - Friday, February 8. Chicago Theatre - Tuesday, February 12. Law Day - Thursday, February 21. Engineering Day - Wednesday, February 27, Bob Chinn's Crab House - Tuesday, February 26, Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital - Wednesday, March 6. Space is limited for these treks! See Mrs. Griffin in Guidance for information and permission slips.
- College Visits:
- Tuesday, February 5th
4-7th Hours Harper
- Wednesday, February 11th
9:54am The Illinois Institute of Art
Extend a random of act of kindness today.