We believe it is essential for Barrington 220 to:
- Create learning environments where all feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships and communication between school, parents/guardians, and community.
- Develop character by encouraging a learning process for understanding, caring about, and acting on core ethical values.
- Empower students to own their learning.
- Engage with multiple perspectives to develop global awareness.
- Foster a sense of belonging and ensure that all feel valued and respected.
- Grow students’ leadership capacity so they can positively impact an ever-changing world.
- Provide a strong academic foundation and a variety of curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Respect and appreciate diversity.
- Value social and emotional health and wellness for students at all ages.