Family engagement is essential to the overall success of students achieving excellence. Research shows that when families are continuously engaged in their children’s learning, they can positively impact their child’s academic achievement. Barrington 220 values meaningful partnerships in which there is mutual trust, respect, shared responsibility and support in the student’s learning.
One of the many ways you can engage if you have your student(s) in a bilingual program is joining the BPAC Committee.
Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC)
What is BPAC?
BPAC is the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee required for public school districts that offer transitional bilingual programs and/or transitional programs of instruction to multilingual learners. The committee meets at least four times per year. The committee consists of bilingual program parents and/or guardians, school personnel and community leaders.
Upcoming BPAC Meeting:
Spanish BPAC Workshop: Cómo desarrollar hijos resilientes
November 19th at Sunny Hill Elementary School, 6-8 pm
District Family School Liaison
E: email@example.comMichelle Garcia
BHS Family School LiaisonP: 224.842.1524
E: firstname.lastname@example.orgAlejandra Acosta Liendo
ELC Parent Coordinator/TranslatorP: 224.770.4330
Meet the BPAC Team
BPAC District Members
- Becky Wiegel - Director of District Programs
- Ruth Estrada - District Family School Liaison
- Michelle Garcia - BHS Family School Liaison
- Alejandra Acosta Liendo - ELC Parent Coordinator
- Tania Acevedo – President
- Laura Ornelas – Vice President
- Karina Aguilar – Secretary
- Vicky Rivera – Co – Secretary
- Maria Azdar – Council
- Margarita Guerrero – Council
- Antonia Marquez – Council
- Bertha Montalvo – Council
- Melchor Nevarez – Council
- Maria Paredes – Council
- Araceli Sanchez – Council
- Marta Sarmiento – Council
- Graciela Vences – Council