Roadmap to Reopening
Barrington 220 is currently putting together a comprehensive Roadmap to Reopening guide for the 2020-21 school year, which will be based on guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education and the Illinois Department of Public Health. In addition, the district is reviewing feedback from a survey administered to all parents in June, and district leaders are meeting with parent representatives from all grade levels to receive feedback. Barrington 220 will present its Roadmap to Reopening at the July 14 Board of Education meeting and send it out to parents on July 15.
We understand some families may not feel comfortable sending their children to school this fall. All will have the opportunity to indicate if they would like to opt out of in person learning and choose to remain home for all Distance Learning. Any family that chooses to enroll in the all Distance Learning option will do so for the entire grading period (6-12 semester/K-5 semester). Families will be allowed to change to in-person learning at the end of these grading periods. Families will have until Friday, July 24 to opt out of in person learning. More details will be made available in mid-July.
During the summer months, Barrington 220 will continue to provide meal delivery service on Tuesdays and Thursdays until further notice. Thank you to Barrington Children's Charities and Barrington Giving Day for helping to make this happen.
- If you are currently receiving meals and you wish to continue this service, there is no need to contact the district office. Your meal service will continue.
- If you are currently receiving meals and you wish to discontinue this service, please contact Yazmin Aceves at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847)842-3534
If you wish to be ADDED to Summer meal delivery service, please contact Yazmin Aceves at (847) 842-3534 or email@example.com
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Illinois State Board of Education
- CDC: Serious Adverse Health Events Associated with Methanol-based Hand Sanitizers
- Physical Activity, Nutrition, Mindfulness and Play
- ISBE Continuing Education Resources
- CDC VIDEO: coping with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: What Is It and What Can I Do? (Explainer for Children)
- BStrong Together Resources
Have specific questions about the virus? Call the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV