State and School Mandated Test Schedule
Dates for testing Middle School students for the 2016-2017 school year are listed below. Links to some suggested websites with sample tests and test taking strategies for parents and students are also listed. Please contact your school administrators for information about these tests and how they are used.
Grades Dates Test Name 6, 7, 8 Aug. 28th-Sept. 8th, 2017 Fall MAP (Selected Students) 6 Sept. 18th-Sept. 29th, 2017 CogAT (Selected Students) 6, 7, 8 Oct. 30th-Nov. 17th, 2017 Winter MAP 8 Nov. 27th-Dec. 1st, 2017 Measured Progress Placement Test - (Replacing EXPLORE) 6, 7, 8Jan. 9th-Feb. 9th, 2018ACCESS (ELL students only) 8 March 1st-March 22nd, 2018 Illinois Science Assessment 6, 7, 8 March 14th-May 9th, 2018 DLM (Selected Students) 6, 7, 8 April 2nd-April 20th, 2018 PARCC 6, 7, 8 March 5th-March 22nd, 2018 Spring MAP
Tips to ease test anxiety:
- MiddleSchool.net - Numerous test-taking strategies
- TestTakingTips.com - Test-taking strategies, skills and techniques
Here are some test preparation suggestions:
- Make sure, if possible, that your child attends school during the testing dates.
- Make sure that your child gets a good nights rest.
- Provide breakfast on the morning of the test. The School offers breakfast to all student every morning from 7:30 to 7:55 in the Commons.
- Remind your child to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand directions.
- Let your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability to do his/her best.
- Encourage your child to carefully read and answer all of the questions.
- Advise your child not to worry about the test and just do his/her best.