Colt Time 2019-20
Colt Time scheduling is now running for students. The schedule for the following week will be posted on Friday after school, and students will schedule their week on Monday during Colt Time. If you would like to see how students schedule for Colt Time, please see the screencast below.
Middle School Colt Time Program
Teachers Creating New Opportunities for Middle School Students
Why Colt Time? The Colt Time program aligns three strategic community values—Optimal Time for Learning, Individualized Learning, and Social Emotional Development—with a re-envisioned 44-minute flexible and responsive advisory period. Colt Time allows teachers on each middle school team to develop enrichment and support during the school day based on their knowledge of the talents and needs of individual students. Teachers will structure Colt Time to address the following objectives:
- Academic enrichment and support;
- Social-emotional development;
- A time to take care of other miscellaneous details in student and school activities.
Plus, Colt Time now creates additional program and instructional benefits:
- Additional instructional minutes for the performing arts (44 minutes instead of the current 30 minutes)
- The availability of some resource classes for students who receive special services to be scheduled during the 44-minute Colt Time period. This allows more students to take exploratory and/or world language classes who might not have been able to do so under the previous schedule.