Planning a Reunion?
We have loads of information and resources for you. We have gathered information from previous reunions and are sharing tips and ideas.
Where can I get a list of my classmates?
Our district contact is Samantha Ptashkin, Director of Communications, email her at email@example.com or call her at 224-254-3724.
When is the best time to have a reunion?
Many classes find Homecoming weekend to be a terrific time for a reunion because of the alumni events planned then.
Does the Alumni Association have funds available to help reunions with upfront costs?
The Alumni Association is a not-for-profit organization whose goal is promote relationships between alumni and does not have the resources to provide this service. However, many local venues will work with alumni groups regarding deposits. See our suggestions for locations and accommodations.
What type of events are part of a reunion weekend?
While each reunion is unique, the following schedule is a suggestion of activities that have been included during a reunion weekend:
- Golf Outing - Many classes start off the weekend with an afternoon of golf. See our recommendations for local golf courses under venue suggestions
- Informal Gathering - Informal "ice breaker" with no pre-registration required. Also a good time to work on your float for the parade!
- Pancake Breakfast - Kick off Homecoming with the annual Andy Anderson Pancake Breakfast. The breakfast is held in the BHS cafeteria from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Parade - Parade participants gather at the commuter parking lot. You need a parade permit to participate. See below for details on obtaining a permit.
- Alumni Tailgate - Between the parade and the game, join other alumni for lunch, beverages and music. Location is Chessie's @ 200 Applebee (The old Ice House)
- BHS Tours - BHS and the Alumni Association work together to facilitate tours
- Football Games - Go Broncos! Enjoy the game in the 4,000 seat stadium
- Main Event - Your chance to make lasting memories.
How do we participate in the Homecoming Parade?
Parade participants need to obtain a parade permit by contacting the BHS Main Office at (847) 381-1400, who will put you in touch with the Student Council Representative in charge of permits. The Alumni Association encourages all reunions to participate in the parade and host a float based on the theme. Judging by BHSAA Board Members and BHS students takes place prior to the parade. The winner of the contest is announced at the Varsity football game.
How do we set up a tour of the high school?
BHS has gone through many changes over the years - a new auditorium, black box theater, a climbing wall and aquatic center - just to name a few. If your reunion is over Homecoming weekend, tours will be held after the parade until the start of the football game on Saturday. Alumni are to meet at the flag pole in front of the school at 11 a.m.