Welcome to the Sunny Hill PTO webpage! The PTO provides many opportunities, events and assistance, along with the purchasing of equipment that will be beneficial to all of the students and staff of Sunny Hill.
In the past we have purchased books and tools for the classrooms, library and custodial staff, provided yearbooks for the 5th grade, and created the yearbook and student directory for each year. We purchased some of the playground equipment, the marquee at the entrance to the parking lot and the glass display boards for notices outside the front doors. We have helped pay for field trips, field day inflatables and have arranged some of the assemblies for the students, as well as all book fairs and picture days.
If every parent would consider donating just two hours of their time for any event of their choosing over the course of the school year, we could accomplish so much more!! We understand that everyone can't be involved in every activity, but every little bit helps! There are so many ways parents and teachers can get involved:
- Decorating and updating the birthday board each month
- Assisting in sorting fundraisers when they arrive so they can be sent home
- Serving popcorn and drinks during the dance
- Ticket sales at the doors at any event
- Sitting at the table during book fair ringing up sales during lunch hours or during conferences
- Standing at the back hallway of book fair in case any one needs assistance or to straighten shelves
- Writing down wish lists for the younger kids during the book fair preview
- Helping the PTO officers organize the students as they wait to have their pictures taken
- Helping the officers serve the staff a meal during events when we show our appreciation
- Updating the marquee each month with the schools events
We have over 400+ students at our school and we parents of the PTO do our best to benefit them all in any way we can. So that our children, all of our children, can have the best possible experiences and opportunities available. Please consider joining us at a meeting to hear more about all that we do and how you too can help support our school. Email us at email@example.com with your ideas or comments!