Barrington High School
Major construction is currently underway at Barrington High School this summer!
On May 26, 2023, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at Barrington High School to celebrate the end of construction at the Fields of Dreams, the varsity baseball field, and the new multi-purpose turf field.
This summer, DLA Architects are reviewing stakeholder feedback collected this past spring about the fine arts spaces at BHS.
An estimated total of $62 million out of the $147 million referendum will be spent at Barrington High School, which includes all construction costs and non-construction items such as safety and security, furniture and technology. Construction at BHS began in Summer 2022 and is anticipated to run through 2025. Key projects include:
- New front atrium addition (this will be a commons area that serves as a flexible learning space, as well as a place where students can eat lunch, meet in groups or work on individual projects)*
- Existing cafeteria renovation
- Student Services area renovation (counseling, attendance, health services, dean’s office)*
- PE/Wellness interior renovation*
- Renovation of existing space to create two new culinary arts labs*
- Parking lot reconfiguration to improve traffic circulation and safety*
- Renovation of Fields of Dreams and varsity baseball field (COMPLETED)
- Installation of synthetic turf for new multipurpose field (COMPLETED)
- Replacement and relocation of tennis courts*
- Replacement of phone system with new digital system
- General repairs/maintenance*
- Safety and security improvements*
- Architectural design work for potential new BHS Fine Arts Center*
*Indicates projects that are currently underway.
Board of Education Updates
Construction is underway to reconfigure the front parking lot on the south side of the building. Beginning this fall, drivers will no longer have to drive around the entire building to exit the campus. Instead, the front parking lot will connect to the Hart Road parking lot on the west side of the building. Click here to view video!
Construction on the new BHS Commons (front atrium addition) began prior to the start of the 2022-23 school year. It is expected to be complete in the fall, after the start of the 2023-24 school year. (Photo: June 2, 2023)
Construction crews are working on the new Nurses’ Office on the lower level of BHS. The new office will be located near the current staff cafeteria, which is right across from the current Nurses’ Office. This is part of an effort to create a dedicated Student Services area which will include counseling, attendance, health services and the dean's office. (Photo: June 2, 2023)
Construction crews have started to renovate the former gymnastics gym, which will be a new auxiliary gym for students. (Photo: June 2, 2023)
Construction crews are currently renovating the existing weight room. It is located next to what will be the new auxiliary gym. (Photo: June 2, 2023)
Construction is underway in the athletic wing of the high school, where there will be a new auxiliary gym, weight room, fitness center, and dance studio. These projects are anticipated to be completed by the start of the 2023-24 school year. Click here to view video! (Photo: June 2, 2023)
The BHS softball team plays its first game on the newly renovated Fields of Dreams, which opened in March 2023. Crews will complete landscaping this spring. (Photo Courtesy: Jeff Doles)
- Build 220
A more visible entryway will be created at the main entrance to the high school (Door 45), which faces Main Street.
- Build 220
Inside the new front addition which will be visible from Main Street. This area will be a commons area where students can eat lunch, meet in groups or work on individual projects.
- Build 220
A new front addition to the high school will be visible from Main Street. This area will be a commons area where students can eat lunch, meet in groups or work on individual projects.
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- November 2021