Course Title; Chamber ChoirCourse Description:This is a highly selective choir geared to upper classmen who intend to continue their choral activities after High School. Numerous public performances are required for the Madrigal Ensemble which is part of this choir. Audition is required. Fee: $15Enduring Understandings:
- Artists communicate sensibility and meaning through visual & performing arts.
- Artists manipulate their medium(s) to construct meaning.
- An artist's ability to listen and interpret affects his or her ability to understand the art form.
- A level of proficiency is necessary to communicate an artist's intent.
- An artist's use of skills and techniques is a continual, repetitive learning process.
- Artists present finished products or performance.
- The critique process can lead to heightened awareness of aesthetics.
- Critiques promote the use of art vocabulary.
- The critique process is a valuable analysis of what takes place intuitively.
- How do form, content and context express and influence meaning?
- How do elements (nouns) and principles (adjectives) facilitate the creative process
How do skill and technique enable the creative process?
Course Academic Vocabulary:
- How do we use critique to inform our art?
tempo, melody, harmony, dynamics, timbre, rhythm. Solfeg-Major and minorCourse Units / Topics of Study:Periods of Literature, Representative Choral Literature of all periods, Genres of American Music