Course Title: Concert ChoirCourse Description:
Concert Choir is a beginning class for students interested in learning how to sing, read music and become part of the BHS choral program. Fundamental singing techniques and musicianship will be emphasized through a wide variety of vocal literature. It is open to both male and female students. This choir will perform three mandatory concerts (fall, holiday, mid winter and spring concerts each year as well as various other opportunities to perform. Performance in evening concerts is mandatory. Fee is $15.00.Enduring Understandings:
- Artists communicate sensibility and meaning through visual & performing arts.
- Artists manipulate their medium(s) to construct meaning.
- An artist's ability to listen and interpret affects his or her ability to understand the art form.
- A level of proficiency is necessary to communicate an artist's intent.
- An artist's use of skills and techniques is a continual, repetitive learning process.
- Artists present finished products or performance.
- The critique process can lead to heightened awareness of aesthetics.
- Critiques promote the use of art vocabulary.
- The critique process is a valuable analysis of what takes place intuitively.
- How do form, content and context express and influence meaning?
- How do elements (nouns) and principles (adjectives) facilitate the creative process
How do skill and technique enable the creative process?
Course Academic Vocabulary:
- How do we use critique to inform our art?
tempo, melody, harmony, dynamics, timbre, rhythmCourse Units / Topics of Study:Music Theory, Music Reading, Proper Voice Placement, Madrigal Literature (optional)