Course Title: Select EnsembleCourse Description:
This is an advanced beginner/intermediate choir for grades 10 through 12 female students who have experienced Concert Choir. Students are required to audition
for this course. Fundamental singing techniques and music reading will be stressed. Madrigals are a part of this choir. Students perform at the fall, holiday, mid-winter and spring concerts. Performance in evening concerts is a requirement of the course. Fee is $15.00.Enduring Understandings:
- Artists communicate sensibility and meaning through visual & performing arts.
- Artists manipulate their medium(s) to construct meaning.
- An artist's ability to listen and interpret affects his or her ability to understand the art form.
- A level of proficiency is necessary to communicate an artist's intent.
- An artist's use of skills and techniques is a continual, repetitive learning process.
- Artists present finished products or performance.
- The critique process can lead to heightened awareness of aesthetics.
- Critiques promote the use of art vocabulary.
- The critique process is a valuable analysis of what takes place intuitively.
- How do form, content and context express and influence meaning?
- How do elements (nouns) and principles (adjectives) facilitate the creative process
How do skill and technique enable the creative process?
Course Academic Vocabulary:tempo, melody, harmony, dynamics, timbre, rhythmCourse Units / Topics of Study:Madrigal Literature, Music Reading, Music Theory
- How do we use critique to inform our art?