Course Title: Senior A'CapellaCourse Description:
This is an advanced level choir. Students may enroll if they have 1 year of choral experience or consent of instructor. Students perform at the fall, holiday, mid-winter and spring concerts as well as numerous performances in the community. Change-up Pop Ensemble is part of this choir. Each year there is a great variety of additional choir activities which are handled by the officers. Fee is $15.00.Enduring Understandings:
- Artists communicate sensibility and meaning through visual & performing arts.
- Artists manipulate their medium(s) to construct meaning.
- An artist's ability to listen and interpret affects his or her ability to understand the art form.
- A level of proficiency is necessary to communicate an artist's intent.
- An artist's use of skills and techniques is a continual, repetitive learning process.
- Artists present finished products or performance.
- The critique process can lead to heightened awareness of aesthetics.
- Critiques promote the use of art vocabulary.
- The critique process is a valuable analysis of what takes place intuitively.
Course Academic Vocabulary:Tempo, timbre, rhythm, melody, harmony, dynamicsCourse Units / Topics of Study:Music Theory, Sacred and Secular Literature, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th Century, Multi-Cultural, Musical Theatre
- How do form, content and context express and influence meaning?
- How do elements (nouns) and principles (adjectives) facilitate the creative process
- How do skill and technique enable the creative process?
- How do we use critique to inform our art?