The Library Birthday Book Club helps to supplement our school library with new books! These personal donations from the kids are a great source of pride for them and the program benefits the entire school now and for years to come. Once enrolled, your child(ren) will select a book from a special collection purchased for the program. These books have been reviewed and recommended, are library bound, and meet the criteria of the American Library Association for the selection of library books. The book chosen by your child is then donated in the following ways:
- Your child’s name and picture will be displayed on the Library’s Birthday Book Club Bulletin Board.
- This year we are celebrating your child’s birthday and a birthday wish.
- Their name is “engraved” in the book they select.
- They are the first to check out their selected book.
- They are invited to spin the Birthday Wheel as a thank you for enrolling in the Library Birthday Book Club. Summer birthdays and those already passed since the beginning of the school year will be celebrated in September.
In order to participate, we are asking for a donation of $16 per child (the average price of a book). Any family that would like to participate, but is concerned about the donation amount, please contact the Library Birthday Book Club Chairperson. We would like for all children who are interested in the program to have the opportunity to do so!Print this flyer to participate in the 2014-2015 Library Birthday Book Club!
Please refer to the 2014-15 PTO Slate to find the current Chair of this committee as well her his/her contact information.