L.U.N.C.H Student Academic Support
Students will report to assigned room and sign in with a supervisor.
The Prairie L.U.N.C.H. system will begin in September and will run Monday-Friday.
6th grade room 507 Supervisors: Megan Twadell, MTwadell@barrington220.org (M-F)
7th grade room 119 Supervisor: Katy McCullough, email@example.com (M-F)
8th grade room 303 Supervisor: Christine Dykstra, CDykstra@barrington220.org (M-F)
- A lunch-time work period where students are expected to bring their lunch and complete work
- This program is an independent work time were students have choice to work on assignments, not a tutoring session.
- Students are placed on an “Honor System” for attendance.
- Information about the new L.U.N.C.H. program will be communicated to Prairie students in their advisory classes.
- This program exists to help the students academically, not punish them for behaviors in class~ the T/TH detention program for minor infractions was created for behavior.
- There is no cap for the students on the number times attending L.U.N.C.H. (this will be reviewed at the end of the year).
- Program is available M-F
- Students will go to the front of the line in the Commons to get their lunch and report to their assigned rooms.
- Student self- referred (must get pass from teacher) or teacher referred.
- Teachers may recommend on the pass the work needed to be completed. Any worksheets or tests needed for the student to finish can be worked on during Colt Time.
- Maintains the expectation of the program.
- Sends out an email to staff daily, with a list of students who showed up for L.U.N.C.H.
- Reviews daily the grade level assignments to be completed by the students and supplies.
- Discipline and dismisses students as needed.
- Communicate any questions or behaviors with referring teacher.