We are excited to announce that we will be starting curbside library book pickup in mid-September!
What you need to know:
- Students will need to place holds on books using the Destiny Discover library catalog (younger students may need help with this).
- Login is required to place holds. Username: first initial/last name (ex: arolain), Password: ID number (ex: 123456)
- Students may have 2 books checked out at a time, with some flexibility allowed because returned items must be quarantined.
- Library staff will process holds at least twice a week.
- Books will be checked out to the student, placed in a bag that is stapled closed, and labeled with the student's name. A notification email will be sent to the primary family email address.
- Bags will be placed on a table within the front vestibule and can be picked up during school hours (8am - 3pm). Books not picked up within 5 days will be checked back in and reshelved.
- A book return bin will be placed near the table for any items you are returning.
- Items will be quarantined for at least a week before being checked in and returned to the shelf.
- Curbside checkout and pickup are completely optional. Please don't hesitate to contact me via email with quesitons or concerns. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tap below to play a screencast that will walk you through placing holds for pickup. Grades 3-5 have reviewed this process during their Library Zoom visits. Process for primary students will be introduced in the near future.