BHS Online Summer School
We recognize that the educational landscape has been completely transformed over the past month, and appreciate all that our families are doing to support and understand these efforts. The information below shares adjustments being made to the 2020 Summer School program at Barrington High School. If you have questions regarding online summer school at Barrington High School, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois Virtual School (June 2-August 4)
- IVS is accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education. Upon successful completion, these specific courses will be recognized and transferred to a students official Barrington High School transcript.
- IVS courses run from June 2 to August 4.
- Students work asynchronously (independently) with support and direction from a certified teacher.
- Refunds are equal to the difference between the BHS registration (and lab fees if applicable) and the IVS registration ($240 per semester). All refunds will be issued within the next few weeks.
Parents that do not wish for their student’s existing BHS registration to be transferred to IVS should contact highschoolsummerschool@
barrington220.org by May 15. Refunds are equal to the difference between the BHS registration (and lab fees if applicable) and the IVS registration ($240 per semester) All refunds will be issued prior to June 15.
ACADEMIC COURSES LISTED BELOW WILL BE OFFERED THROUGH ILLINOIS VIRTUAL SCHOOL:
BHS Online Summer School (June 8-July 16)
- The following courses are still being taught through distance learning by BHS staff members.
- PLEASE NOTE - All BHS courses will now begin June 8 and end on July 16. This extended footprint will provide students more time to balance distance learning with other home life responsibilities and distractions, as well as offering teachers more time to design asynchronous lessons and provide more meaningful feedback.
ACADEMIC COURSES LISTED BELOW WILL BE OFFERED DIGITALLY THROUGH BHS:
- Video Production
- AP Art Studio
- Drawing & Painting - All Levels
- Literature & Film
- Independent Living
- Honors Chemistry*
*Students may be required to attend BHS for assessments purposes only. All social distancing and safety precautions (masks) will be utilized. Additional correspondence will be forthcoming from teachers.
The following workshops will continue to be run by BHS staff virtually over Zoom with some independent work on the original dates listed in the course catalog. Teachers will reach out to students with more information regarding the exact format of each course.
- Introduction to BHS English
- College Essay Writing
- AP Social Studies Workshop
The following courses, due to their unique nature, have been canceled entirely.
- Trigonometry B
- Drivers Education: Classroom AND Behind the Wheel
- Business Internship Program
*Full refunds will begin in the coming weeks.
Camps & Activities
All Camps and Activities have been canceled for the summer of 2020. Full refunds will begin in the coming weeks.