5.50 - Communicable Disease
The school will observe recommendations of the Illinois Department of Public Health regarding communicable diseases.
- Parents are required to notify the school nurse if they suspect their child has a communicable disease.
- In certain cases, students with a communicable disease may be excluded from school or sent home from school following notification of the parent or guardian.
- The school will provide written instructions to the parent and guardian regarding appropriate treatment for the communicable disease.
- A student excluded because of a communicable disease will be permitted to return to school only when the parent or guardian brings to the school a letter from the student’s doctor stating that the student is no longer contagious or at risk of spreading the communicable disease.
- Students absent for three or more days may be asked to provide a note from a physician indiciating diagnosis and ability of the student to return to school.
For more information on communicable disease, please visit this page.
Barrington 220 Policy 7:280, Communicable and Chronic Infectious Disease
Barrington 220 Policy 7:280-AP, Managing Students with Communicable or Infectious Diseases