3.10 - Fees, Fines & Charges; Waiver of Student Fees
Fines, Fees, and Charges; Waiver of Student Fees
The school establishes fees and charges to fund certain school activities. Some students may be unable to pay these fees. Students will not be denied educational services or academic credit due to the inability of their parent or guardian to pay fees or certain charges. Students whose parent or guardian is unable to afford student fees may receive a fee waiver. A fee waiver does not exempt a student from charges for lost and damaged books, locks, materials, supplies, and/or equipment.
Applications for fee waivers may be submitted by a parent or guardian of a student who has been assessed a fee. As student is eligible for a fee waiver if at least one of the following prerequisites is met:
- The student currently lives in a household that meets the free lunch or breakfast eligibility guidelines established by the federal government pursuant to the National School Lunch Act; or
- The student or the student’s family is currently receiving aid under Article IV of the Illinois Public Aid Code (Aid to Families of Dependent Children).
The building principal will give additional consideration where one or more of the following factors are present:
- An illness in the family;
- Unusual expenses such as fire, flood, storm damage, etc.;
- Emergency situations; or
- When one or more of the parents/guardians are involved in a work stoppage.
The building principal will notify the parent/guardian promptly as to whether the fee waiver request has been granted or denied. Questions regarding the fee waiver application process should be addressed to the building principal.
PRESS 4:110, Transportation
PRESS 4:140, Waiver of Student Fees
PRESS 4:140-AP, Fines, Fees, and Charges – Waiver of Student Fees
PRESS 4:140-E1, Application for Fee Waivers
PRESS 4:140-E2, Response to Application for Fee Waiver, Appeal, and Response to Appeal