Dates for testing Middle School students for the 2018-2019 school year are listed below. Links to some suggested websites with sample tests and test taking strategies for parents and students are also listed. Please contact your school administrators for information about these tests and how they are used.
Grades Dates Test Name 6, 7, 8 Aug. 27th-Sept. 7th, 2018 Fall MAP (Selected Students /New to the District) 6 Sept. 17th-Sept. 28th, 2018 CogAT (Selected Students) 6, 7, 8 Oct. 29th-Nov. 16th, 2018 Winter MAP 8 Oct. 8th-Oct. 10th, 2018 PSAT 8 Winter 2018 AAPPL 6, 7, 8Jan. 16th-Feb. 19th, 2019ACCESS (ELL students only) 8 March 1st-April 30th, 2019 Illinois Science Assessment 6, 7, 8 March 13th-May 8th, 2019 DLM (Selected Students) 6, 7, 8 March 1st-April 30th, 2019 PARCC 6, 7, 8 April 1st-May 1st, 2019 Spring MAP 6,7, 8 Spring 2019 - May 10th AAPPL
Tips to ease test anxiety:
- MiddleSchool.net - Numerous test-taking strategies
- TestTakingTips.com - Test-taking strategies, skills and techniques
Here are some test preparation suggestions:
- Make sure, if possible, that your child attends school during the testing dates.
- Make sure that your child gets a good nights rest.
- Provide breakfast on the morning of the test. The School offers breakfast to all student every morning from 7:30 to 7:55 in the Commons.
- Remind your child to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand directions.
- Let your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability to do his/her best.
- Encourage your child to carefully read and answer all of the questions.
- Advise your child not to worry about the test and just do his/her best.