SPURS DIRECTIONS AND CRITERIA
Senior SPURS (Student Pride Unites and Rewards Seniors) was developed to reward students for having good attendance, grades, and behavior during the last semester of their senior year. If students meet the SPURS criteria they are exempt from their final exams. In order to qualify for a SPURS exemption students must meet the following criteria:
- Have no more than 5 total absences in a class, including unexcused absences.
- The 5 total absences include parental approved, no more than 2 unexcused absences, and off campus college visits. School approved absences do not count toward the 5 total.
- Have an “A” or “B” average for the semester. Teachers may waive this requirement if they believe the student has consistently put forth his/her best effort all semester to earn a hardworking “C” average.
- The teacher will determine Pass/Fail options. It is the teacher’s responsibility to inform the relevant student.
- A senior who qualifies for an exemption may elect to take a final.
- Has not served an out-of-school suspension nor an in-school suspension, and has not received a behavior contract.
The final list will be updated one day prior to the final exam days. If a senior does not appear on this list, they are not eligible. Any senior wishing to appeal their eligibility per the attendance criteria must do so with their dean no later than Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
Remember the data the Dean's Office sends out only includes behavior and attendance criteria. Teachers determine if a student has met the grade criteria.
Teachers will inform each student of their status in the class by Friday, May 15, 2020.
It is important to continue to maintain the integrity of the SPURS program by following the criteria listed above.
Dean of Students