World Language Honor Societies
The World Language Initiation Ceremony for Honors Societies will take place on Wednesday, April 08, 2020, at 7:00 pm in the Barrington High School auditorium. The rehearsal will take place on the same day after school for about 15 minutes. Students who will be inducted are required to attend both events, the rehearsal and the ceremony. They should contact their language sponsor ahead of time if they have a conflict.
National Chinese Honor Society中文荣誉学会 (NCHS)
* Students eligible for membership must currently be enrolled in an honor level Chinese course.
* The applicants must have maintained an A- average and 3.7 GPA in all Honor Chinese courses taken for at least four consecutive high school semesters.
* A student membership fee is required to join.
* Notification will be made annually in high school classes at the end of first semester.
* Become a National Chinese Honor Society member.
* Each student will receive a Certificate from the Chinese Honor Society
Contact: Ms. Melanie Stumpf for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
French Honor Society
la Société Honoraire de Français
The Barrington High School Chapter of the "la Société Honoraire de Français"
recognizes high achievement in French and promotes interest in French culture.
* A student currently enrolled in a French course who has maintained a 3.7 grade point average in French classes for a minimum of three consecutive high school semesters, is eligible for membership.
* A student membership fee is required.
* Each student member will receive a CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP at a required INITIATION CEREMONY held annually in April.
> Contact: For More Information
Monsieur Roberto Avendaño, email@example.com
German Honor Society
Delta Epsilon Phi
* Students eligible for membership must currently be enrolled in a German course, must have a 3.7 GPA in all German courses taken for at least three semesters of high school, and maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0. Members must also maintain an A- or better in their courses once accepted. Members of the society must demonstrate an interest in the German language and culture by participating in at least three activities outside of class.
Contact: For more information contact Frau Amy Wasil, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latin Honor Society
National Junior Classical League* Students eligible for membership must currently be enrolled in an Honors Latin course, must maintain an A- / 3.7 GPA in all Latin courses taken for at least 3 semesters of high school, and maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0. They must also be a current member of the NJCL.Contact: For more information contact Mr. Christopher Condrad, email@example.com.
Spanish Honor SocietySociedad Honoraria Hispánica
The Barrington High School Chapter of the "Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica" recognizes high achievement in Spanish and promotes interest in the Hispanic cultures and studies.
* A student currently enrolled in an Honors level Spanish course who has maintained a 3.7 grade point average in all the Honors Spanish courses taken for at least three consecutive high school semesters is eligible for membership.
* Students should have also demonstrated character, leadership, seriousness of purpose, cooperation, honesty, service, and commitment to others.
* There is a student membership fee in the Society set by the National Council.
> Awards:* Each student member will receive a CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP and a society seal at the Initiation Ceremony held annually in the Spring.
* Each student member is required to attend the Rehearsal and the Initiation Ceremony in order to be inducted and receive the Certificate of Membership and society seal.Contact: Señorita Constenla for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org