Mission & Vision
Vision: Countryside encourages continuous learning and personal growth for all students.
Mission: Each day Countryside students grow academic and emotional intelligence through collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
Assessment and Instruction
- Professional collaboration leads to growing our craft.
- Partnering with parents helps to maximize student potential.
- A positive attitude is modeled and nurtured.
- Teachers differentiate to support all learners.
- Learners self-assess, set goals, work towards meeting goals, and reflect on progress made in order to grow as a learner and person.
- Learners take risks and grow from mistakes.
- Assessment must be: ongoing, useful, represent a continuum of learning, and provide data that informs instruction.
- Knowledge and value of self is not measured by a test. Students are more than their test score.
Social Emotional Learning
- Students learn best when they feel safe and secure.
- We celebrate, accept, and nurture the individual, cultural, ethnic, and academic differences among staff, students, and families.
- Building connections and relationships with each other improves learning.
- Our community encourages compassion and respect for self and others.