12.20 - Standardized Testing
Students and parents/guardians should be aware that the State and District require students to take certain standardized tests, including the following:1
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to cooperate in preparing students for the standardized testing, because the quality of the education the school can provide is partially dependent upon the school’s ability to continue to prove its success in the state’s standardized tests. Parents can assist their students achieve their best performance by doing the following:
- Encourage students to work hard and study throughout the year;
- Ensure students get a good night’s sleep the night before exams;
- Ensure students eat well the morning of the exam, particularly ensuring they eat sufficient protein;
- Remind and emphasize for students the importance of good performance on standardized testing;
- Ensure students are on time and prepared for tests, with appropriate materials;
- Teach students the importance of honesty and ethics during the performance of these and other tests;
- Encourage students to relax on testing day.
1Insert State and District assessment information, including: (1) The subject matter assessed; (2) The purpose for which the assessment is designed and used; (3) The source of the requirement for the assessment; (4) Information on the amount of time students will spend taking the assessment and the schedule for the assessment; and (5) Information on the time and format for disseminating results.
PRESS 6:340, Student Testing and Assessment Programs