As a member of the Hough family,
I work to be excellent in all I do
and a person of good character.
I treat others as I would like to be treated.
I am fair, show care.
I am responsible, show respect.
I am trustworthy and a good citizen.
We believe in educating the whole child.
- All children can learn and perseverance is necessary in the pursuit of excellence.
- Each learner's strengths should be discovered, encouraged and developed.
- Meaningful and challenging experiences optimize learning.
- Personal responsibility is essential in learning, actions and behavior.
We believe that respect for and understanding of self and others are essential in a learning community.
- Others are essential in a learning community.
- A positive, safe, healthy and nuturing environment fosters risk-taking and encourages learning.
- Celebrating oneness and diversity of humankind produces acceptance, kindness and respect.
We believe that education requires a collaborative partnership of staff, parents and students.
- Partnership of staff, parents and students.
- Parents are valued partners in the education of their children.
- Building an effective partnership with the school community ensures that everyone is included, informed and involved.