- Nutrition information for kids and families
- Healthy eating on the go
- Parent Tips At the store: save money and shop healthy
- Parent Tips: Secret to making healthy and fun lunches ( English / Español )
- Tips For Avoiding Your Allergen (English / Español)
- September 2018 is Fruits and Veggies-More Matters Month (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits can help you:
- Lower your risk for heart disease and some types of cancer
- Maintain or reach a healthy weight
- Keep your body strong and active
Here are some ideas to help you and your family fit more fruits and vegetables into your day:
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy where the whole family can see it.
- Cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time so they’re ready for quick, healthy snacks.
- Challenge your family to try a new veggie or fruit every week.