Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Barrington 220 continues to follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Lake County Department of Public Health. For the latest coronavirus updates from Barrington 220 and resources visit our dedicated coronavirus webpage.
The best ways to prevent infection are similar to precautions you would take to avoid the flu. Everyday actions actions include:
1. Handwashing with soap and water often
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
3. Cover your cough or sneeze
4. Stay home if you are sick
5. Avoid close contact with people who are sick
6. Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces
VIDEO LINKS FOR KIDS: How to wash your hands
- PreSchool: Sesame Street Global Handwashing Day (Spanish)
- Grades K-2: Wash Your Hands (CDC)
- Grades 3-5: Fight Germs, Wash Your Hands (Spanish)
Unicef: Wash Your Hands (Spanish)
VIDEO LINKS FOR KIDS: How to cover your cough
- PreK-2: Cover Coughs and Sneezes (Cubre tu Tos y Estornudos CDC en Español)
- Grades 3-5: Cover Cough and Sneeze Without Infectioning Others
- Cover Your Mouth When You Cough! (Spanish)
- Use Positive Reinforcement.
- Point Out When They're Doing It.
- Give Them Something Else To Touch.
- Explain The Concept Of Germs.
- Focus On Hand-Washing