||Birthday Book Club due
||2:45 pm to 4:00pm
||Market Day Pick-up
||Field Trip 3rd Grade "Grigsby Prairie"
Stay up to date with the NBS PTO:
Did you know that for every purchase on a Target REDcard (Debit or Credit) Target will donate a % of the sale to your nominated school. It's easy to link your REDcard with our school, go to target.com/tcoe
and enter in School ID: 45140
for NBS . We have 41 families who have signed up, thank you, let's try to double that!
- The PTO runs 40 programs to support our community, school, staff and children with additional educational tools, fun activities and ways to connect our families with the community. Please click here to see the types of programs, and perhaps there is a topic your family is passionate about and would like to know more, please visit the PTO pages on the NBS website.
- Please find time to read the minutes of the PTO meeting held on Friday September 5th click here . The meeting was very well attended, thank you! Our principal, Mr. Austin Johnson, attended the meeting and gave some great updates and observations in his first few weeks of school. Ms. Cristi Barry joined us on behalf of the teachers and extended their gratitude for the smooth start of school with all school supplies in great shape!
- Rethink Market Day - Healthy options! Market Day Order Pick-up is scheduled for Tuesday, September 16th from 2:45-4pm. Your order can be picked-up in the Multi-Purpose room or you can use the drive-thru service in the Circle Drive Pick-up. Circle Drive Pick-ups can only be done before 3:35pm, before the school bell rings. If you cannot collect at this time please contact Krista @ 312-576-7666. Orders can be put in the PTO freezer. Any questions, please email Krista Sprungman @ email@example.com.
- PTO Tree - See where our money goes and plans for this year! If you did not receive the flyer at Back-to School night, click here and see the overview for 2014 - 2015.
- Adult Social Volunteers needed: One of the goals of the Adult Social Committee is to get more people to feel connected and have fun this year while planning for the Saturday February 7th Mardi Gras even! We already have a fun group of 12 people, each leading a part of the party planning. Email Melissa Proebsting firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth Kramer email@example.com if you are interested in helping with: Decorations, Classroom Projects, Donation Solicitations, RSVP Management, Event Setup, or invitations. Many thanks!
- Adult Social Donation Baskets: Traditionally, the parents provide a small donation that combine to create a special basket for the Adult Social Fundraiser from each grade. Your room coordinator will be collecting for this effort in the next couple months. Of course, your participation in this event is appreciated, but not mandatory. Click here if you did not receive the flyer at the Back-to-School event. Thanks!
- The Birthday Book Club is a wonderful way of donating books to our NBS library in honor of your children. The flyer went home in your child's backpack but if it was missed please click here to print the form to participate. The last day of submission is end of school on Monday, 15th September.
- NBS Dines in on Pizza Night! Join other NBS families for a fun night together on Thursday, October 2nd at 6pm! The NBS PTO will be providing food and beverage, bingo and music for our NBS families! RSVP online by clicking HERE, or please return the paper form that was distributed in the classrooms!
HAPPENINGS IN THE COMMUNITY
- . An Animal Shelter Donation box has been placed in the entry way of NBS. This is an Eagle Scout Project for Zachary Robinson (NBS alumni). All pet items needed, including but not limited to: old blankets or towels, food, treats, toys, crates, cat scratch boards, cat litter, collars and leashes. The benefactor is " On Angels' Wings" who does a great job rescuing and finding new homes for the animals.
- Barrington Committed focuses on factors facing today's youth which impact their physical, behavioral and intellectual development. Click here to perhaps learn something new about readying for bed and a good night's sleep! More helpful hints can be found here (please note that some topics may be more suitable for older students
- Link is a local resource for parents in 220 District offering parent programs that help navigate technology and topics affecting our children. Upcoming programs for September include, New Technology in Barrington 220 and Social Media and your child. Please click here to learn more about this great resource.
Newsletter / Website Submissions
Please send submissions for both the newsletter and the website to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions for the newsletter should be submitted with this form (click here) by Thursday 4pm for the following Monday's newsletter. Please include all necessary links and flyers. Please keep submissions brief and concise as we reserve the right to edit.