- The PTO is staffed by parent volunteers and there are many interesting opportunities to become involved. We hope you agree that a strong PTO means a more enriched place for our children to learn and grow. There are many activities to jump in and help, fun stuff at school and many tasks that can be done at home! For those that volunteer today thank you so much and hoping we have a few more to swell our team! Please join us for the 1st PTO meeting on Friday September 5th at 9:15am, it would be great to get some new thoughts and ideas for the coming year.
- Rethink Market Day - Healthy options! Packable food for "On-the-Go". Easy ordering and afternoon "Circle Drive Pickup", 20% of sales support our PTO programs. Order with backpack brochure or online at www.marketday.com and register with account # 2133 by Tuesday September 9th for paper orders, Friday 12th at midnight for on-line orders. Pick up will be Tuesday 16th, time and place to be confirmed. Click here if you did not receive the flyer. Any questions, please email Krista Sprungman @ email@example.com.
- PTO Tree - See where our money goes and plans for this year! If you did not receive the flyer at Back-to School night, click here and see the overview for 2014 - 2015.
- Colts Care Annual Car Wash will take place on Saturday September 13th from 8:00am to 11:00am in the front turnaround at NBS. Volunteers of all ages welcome! Calling for all washers, rinsers and polishers.If you can spare an hour to help, it will be much appreciated. Proceeds will be donated to a worthy charity. Please click here to see the flyer and volunteer form.
- Adult Social Volunteers needed: One of the goals of the Adult Social Committee is to get more people to feel connected and have fun this year while planning for the Saturday February 7th Mardi Gras even! We already have a fun group of 12 people, each leading a part of the party planning. Email Melissa Proebsting firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth Kramer email@example.com if you are interested in helping with: Decorations, Classroom Projects, Donation Solicitations, RSVP Management, Event Setup, or invitations. Many thanks!
- Box Tops for Education program will be running again at NBS. This is a very easy way for everyone to help raise funds for the school. There is a special offer at Costco for a limited time where instead of 2 Box Tops per item, instead on 7 everyday products they are giving away 8 Box Tops each! So get collecting, the classroom competitions will start soon!
- Spirit Clothing is a great way to show pride in being a part of NBS while supporting the school. Please take a look at the website at the great range of products: good for children and parents on sale through September 5th 8:00pm. Click here . Paper copies were sent home a week ago.
- Chess Club has started on Monday's at 7.55am, but there is still time to sign up! We are privileged to continue this program which is run by the 2008 US champion, Grandmaster Yury Shulman. Beginners, novices and experienced players are welcome! Please find more information and registration form click here.
- Indian Princesses (North Barrington group) starts up again on Sunday September 7th at 6:00pm. Build great memories, dads and daughters! Girls Kindergarten through 5th grade are welcome. Please click here to see the full details of the first meeting or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HAPPENINGS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Barrington District Orchestras are looking for 4th grade students to join their program. Any 4th grade student who would like to learn the violin, viola, cello or string bass can sign up. Please find more information and registration form click here . There will be meetings held for parents on Monday 8th September 7:00pm at Station Middle School and Tuesday the 9th 7:00pm at Prairie Middle School.
- We are Carnival arrives on Friday September 12th starting at 5:00pm through to Sunday 14th 5:00pm at Grove School in Barrington. Fun for all the family and 10% of NBS's total purchases will go back to NBS PTO. Buy early and save! Order your Carnival tickets by Friday September 5th and receive special discounts on tickets and wristbands. Please click here to see the full details on opening times, prices and order sheet to turn into your school classroom or office. Pre-orders will be available for pick up at the customer service booth at Grove school during carnival hours.
Newsletter / Website Submissions
Please send submissions for both the newsletter and the website to email@example.com. Submissions for the newsletter should be submitted with this form (click here) by Thursday 4pm for the following Monday's newsletter. Please include all necessary links and flyers. Please keep submissions brief and concise as we reserve the right to edit.