Dear Friend of Grove Avenue School,
We do our best to support students and staff at Grove in any way we can. We are an open community that welcomes your support. Stay up to date via the Grove Grizzly weekly newsletter, our Grove PTO Facebook group, and by attending our monthly PTO meetings where all are welcome.
The PTO is made up of parents and teachers who together, sponsor a wide range of school activities and fundraisers. In general, PTO Meetings will be held the third Tuesday of each month at 9:15 in the multipurpose room, please check below in case of changes. All parents are welcome to join the PTO. The meetings are a wonderful way to become informed about school activities and events. It is also a great opportunity to meet other parents. Please feel free to contact any of the PTO Executive Board Members with any questions you may have. Please help us continue to make Grove the best school it can be!
Our first PTO meeting is Tuesday, August 30th at 9:15 am. We will be sharing Starbucks coffee and breakfast snacks. Please join us.
Looking to support the PTO without spending any “extra” money? We have five Fantastic ways that you – and your family and friends – can help:
1) Do you shop via Amazon? Shop at Amazon Smile instead. It’s a portal through Amazon that gives the charity of your choice a percentage of every Amazon purchase you make through it. Sign up for it at Amazon Smile and search for Grove Avenue School Parent Teacher Organization. Just remember to shop via Amazon Smile each time. Your family and friends can do the same!
2) Collect Box Tops for Education and send them to school with your child. Each Box Top is worth $0.10. If every family sent in just 5 Box Tops a month, we would raise well over $2,000. Box Tops are everywhere, not just on food items anymore. Have your parents, sister, neighbors and more who don’t have school age kids collect them for you, too!
3) Purchase monthly Manna gift cards. Whether you purchase a daily Starbucks, shop for groceries at Jewel, eat dinner at Chili’s, or shop at Old Navy, there are a ton of gift certificates that you can purchase at cost for your every day shopping (and gifts!). Grove receives a rebate for every giftcard sold, and you can choose to keep 50% of that rebate and share the other 50% with Grove (families receive a check at the end of the school year) or give the entire rebate to Grove.
4) Do you shop at Heinen’s? Sign up your Heinen’s loyalty card every year to support Grove via their "Teaming Up for Education" initiative and be sure to use it each time you shop. Even if you’ve done this in the past, you have to sign up every September again. Did you forget? You have until April to sign up and still get credit for your purchases!
5) Do you shop at Target? Do you have a REDcard? Make sure Grove is your designated charity.
Grove Ave. PTO President
Tuesday, August 30th
Tuesday, September 20th
Tuesday, October 18th
Tuesday, November 15th
Tuesday, December 6th*
Tuesday, January 17th
Tuesday, February 21st
Tuesday, March 21st
Tuesday, April 18th
Tuesday, May 16th
|Meet the Teacher||Aug. 19||Children are able to meet their teacher prior to the first day of school. PTO will be serving popsicles.|
|Parent Curriculum Night||Sept. 7||Learn about the curriculum and get to know your child's teacher. Classroom volunteer opportunities communicated.|
|Back to School BBQ!||Sept. 17||A fun, casual BBQ with games, facepainting and inflatable obstacle course.|
|Spirit Wear||Ongoing||An opportunity to purchase Grove items for you and your child. Items will arrive in time for the holidays.|
|Fall Book Fair||TBD||Our Grove gym is transformed into a book store, where your book purchase benefits the PTO.|
|Halloween Parade||TBD||Don’t miss our students parading around the school grounds in their costumes.|
|Breakfast with Dads||TBD||A fun social activity that allows dads to enjoy breakfast with their children before the start of the school day.|
|Adult Dinner Event||TBD||A fun night for parents to let loose with dinner, dancing and a silent auction.|
|Reading Program||TBD||A fun program to encourage kids to read every night with weekly prizes for achieving their assigned goals.|
|Family Dance||TBD||A chance to dance with your kids in a fun family environment.|
|Teacher Appreciation Week||TBD||Celebrate our great teachers with some special PTO activities.|
|Spring Book Fair||TBD||Our Grove gym is transformed into a book store, where your book purchase benefits the PTO.|
|Manna Gift Cards||TBD||Look for order forms to come home each month. Buy gift cards to use at your favorite stores, restaurants and more, and earn cash back for the PTO and yourself!|
|Fun Run||Apr. 22||More info to come!|
|Supplemental Fundraising||TBD||Other fundraising programs that may occur throughout the year. Examples include after school Tae Kwon Do and activities planned on "no school" days.|