6th Grade Chorus
Sixth - Grade Choir offers the opportunity to participate in a vocal music program dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in music through performance. Students participate in daily rehearsals. Student perform 3 evening concerts during the school year.
- The performing arts provide a window to a world of emotional, abstract and creative experiences.
- The educated listener or observer is able to critique a performance in terms of the indigenous elements of that particular art form.
- The performing arts reflect culture, values, and history.
- Becoming a performing artist takes more than talent - It takes perseverance and dedication through intricate training.
- Affirmation of a performer’s success is a personal journey.
- Breaking existing artistic norms often gives rise to new forms of expression.
What elements are required to create a proper vocal sound?
student and conductor play in the musical interpretation of a composition? What musical elements are required to perform a composition as a composer intended?What roles do the student and conductor play in the musical interpretation of a composition?
Course Academic Vocabulary:
Course Units / Topics of Study: