Students will obtain mastery of basic algebra concepts and mobe into linear equations, inequalities, functions and what role they play in the real world. They will also understand the best strategy to use when looking for a solution.
- Basic math skills are necessary to be successful in the real world.
- Math can be used to model real-life situations
- Logic and reasoning are essential in problem solving
- How are the properties of arithmetic applied to algebra?
- How do linear equations and inequalities model real-life situations?
- How do you determine the best strategy when problem solving?
Course Essential Vocabulary:
reciprocal, integers, terms, factors, identity, isolating the variable, slope, inverse operation
function, evaluate, simplify, linear, expression, equation, inequality
Course Units / Topics of Study: