New Student Registration

Barrington 220 offers centralized student registration for new students at one location.  For convenience, additional registration centers are available for limited registration.  These are for parents who are registering only a high school student or early childhood student.  All other registrations must take place at the Central Registration Office.

Please complete registration forms and ensure that you have all REQUIRED documentation prior to your scheduled appointment. Any forms that are not online will be available at the time of registration.  To register a new student, parents must submit a certified legal birth certificate, three proofs of residency in District 220, physical examination and immunization records, and any previous school records.
Once all legal documentation, residency verification, and forms have been received and processed for registration, please contact your child's school (during normal hours) to complete the enrollment.  Teacher assignment and courses (grades 6-12) will be made at this time.

Registration Materials

Kindergarten Registration

Birth Certificate
Families must provide a certified legal birth certificate to register their children. Hospital/baptismal certificates are not acceptable.

Proof of Residency
THREE documents are required to verify residency. You must submit proof of residency within Barrington 220 boundaries by providing ONE document from Category I AND TWO documents from Category II. All documents must be current (within past two months) and include parent/guardian name and address. (Printable Check-List)

Category I: (ONE document required) 
  • Most recent Property Tax Bill
  • Mortgage Statement 
  • Real Estate Closing Papers (for closing within last 60 days)


  • Signed and dated lease with landlord's phone # listed
  • If a lease is not available, a notarized letter of residence from landlord "Affidavit in Lieu of a Lease" is required. (Ask Registrar for Affidavit and Instructions)
  • If you reside with relatives or other individuals who live within Barrington 220 Boundaries, a notarized "Letter of Residence to Be Used When the Person Seeking to Enroll a Student is Living with a District Resident Affidavit" is required. (Ask the Registrar for Affidavit and Instructions)
Category II: (TWO documents required)
  • Gas Utility Bill
  • Electric Utility Bill
  • Cable Utility Bill
  • City/Village Water Bill
  • Homeowner or Renters Insurance Policy/Premium Statement
  • Current Public Aid Card
  • Driver's License
  • Voter Registration
  • Vehicle Registration
  • Bank Statement
  • Credit Card Statement
  • Receipt for moving van rental
Health Requirements: Physical examination and Immunization record are required. Students transferring form an Illinois School must present prior to the first day of school. Students from out of state or out of country have 30 days to meet the mandated requirements.