This course is designed to meet the needs of extremely skilled and motivated fashion students. Students will design original garments and then use draping and sewing techniques to construct that garment. Students will also create and embellish another garment. The design and construction processes will be documented and included in the student’s portfolio. Students will also participate in a student-produced fashion show. Students will be responsible for fabric, notions and pattern expenses.
Instructor: Mrs. Carla Darlington
Office Phone: (847) 842-6531
Office Period: 3rd (9:15 – 10:00 am)
Demonstrations, guest speakers, videos, field trips
I. Draping Techniques
III. Design Terms
VI. Fashion Show
Lab work 25% Garments 30% Portfolio 10%
Fashion Show 5% Mid-term 10% Final 20%
90% - 100% A
80% - 89% B
70% - 79% C
60% - 69% D
59% or lower F
· Each assignment will have a maximum point value.
· Quality work, completed and turned in on time, is always expected.
· Please see me about making up an assignment if you are absent.
· If you need help at any time, see me for assistance.
· Grades are available on-line.
· I will give you weekly grade reports.
· A progress report will be sent home for any grades below a “C” (70%).
· You may also ask me for a grade update at any time.
*ALL REQUIRED COURSE WORK (COMPUTER ASSIGNMENTS, PATTERN MAKING, CUTTING AND SEWING) MUST BE DONE IN THE SEWING LAB. DO NOT TAKE PATTERNS OR GARMENTS OUT OF THE SEWING LAB. WORK DONE OUTSIDE OF THE LAB WILL RESULT IN NO CREDIT.
*Please contact me with any concerns. I am available before or after school, during 2nd period, or at any time by e-mail or phone message.