Parents/guardians may request information about the qualifications of their child’s teachers and paraprofessionals, including:
- Whether the teacher has met State certification requirements;
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency permit or other provisional status by which State licensing criteria have been waived;
- The teacher’s college major;
- Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees; and
- Whether any instructional aides or paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if so, their qualifications.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact the school office.
PRESS 5:190, Teacher Qualifications
PRESS 5:190-E1, Notice to Parents of Their Right to Request Their Child’s Classroom Teachers’ Qualifications