The school will observe recommendations of the Illinois Department of Public Health regarding communicable diseases.
- Parents are required to notify the school nurse if they suspect their child has a communicable disease.
- In certain cases, students with a communicable disease may be excluded from school or sent home from school following notification of the parent or guardian.
- The school will provide written instructions to the parent and guardian regarding appropriate treatment for the communicable disease.
- A student excluded because of a communicable disease will be permitted to return to school only when the parent or guardian brings to the school a letter from the student’s doctor stating that the student is no longer contagious or at risk of spreading the communicable disease.
- Students absent for three or more days may be asked to provide a note from a physician indiciating diagnosis and ability of the student to return to school.
For more information on communicable disease, please visit this page.
For sick day guidelines, please refer to this document (Spanish)
Barrington 220 Policy 7:280, Communicable and Chronic Infectious Disease
Barrington 220 Policy 7:280-AP, Managing Students with Communicable or Infectious Diseases