A student in grades 9-12 may submit a written request to the building principal requesting to be excused from physical education courses for the reasons stated below.
- Enrollment in a marching band program for credit;
- Enrollment in Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (ROTC) program sponsored by the District;
- Ongoing participation in an interscholastic athletic program (student must be in the 11th or 12th grade);
- Enrollment in academic classes that are required for admission to an institution of higher learning (student must be in the 11th or 12th grade); or
- Enrollment in academic classes that are required for graduation from high school, provided that failure to take such classes will result in the student being unable to graduate (student must be in the 11th or 12th grade).
Students with an Individualized Education Program may also be excused from physical education courses for reasons stated in Handbook Procedure 10.30.1
PRESS 6:310, Credit for Alternative Courses and Programs, and Course Substitutions